Take My Hand is not just a place to live but a place to heal and thrive beyond a child’s trauma. Programming is offered in the following areas:
- Group children into appropriate age groups called ‘nests’.
- Each ‘nest’ will be staffed by adult supervision.
- Access cards will be used to secure the safety of the children.
- Communal shower and restroom facilities provided in each ‘nest’.
- Counselors and trained therapists will be on staff to support the emotional well-being of the youth.
Teen Pregnancy and Parenting
- Provide separate spaces for pregnant teens called the ‘Mother’s Hen Den’.
- Staff will assist new mothers with topics such as lactation, how to care for a baby and emotional reprieve.
- Child care will be provided so that teens could attend school or study.
- Certified teachers will be hired to teach a curriculum based on public and private school requirements.
- Treating medical conditions and emergencies of the residents.
- Medically trained staff to be hired.
- Including a basketball court, indoor and outdoor play areas.
- Mentorship or sports clinics facilitated by local sports teams, players, volunteers, etc.
- Accommodating three meals each day plus snacks.
Take My Hand plans to offer these programs to address the whole child – mind, body and soul, to assist them in healing and preparing for their futures.